Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Pennsylvania

My uncle died in Pennsylvania has no children and the was only child. I’m his niece through marriage. He was only married once to myaunt and she died several years earlier. He needs to be buried what do I do and what happens to his house and bills. Funnel calling me they want me to claim him and I would and pay for his cremation but what happens next

Asked on 12/12/18, 5:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

First contrary to what his creditors say you are NOT to pay his bills. The estate will have to if it has the money. If it doesn't so sorry.

As for burial expenses you v can chose to pay them. As to disposing of his stuff. Assuming he died in Pennsylvania I suggest you contact an estate lawyer from the county your uncle lived in. All you need do is contact that counties bar association an they can find you one.


Read more
Answered on 12/12/18, 6:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Pennsylvania