Legal Question in Workers Comp in Pennsylvania

I injured my back unloading my stores weekly truck and had to have surgery, The surgery left me with nerve damage to my left foot, I returned to work within 6 weeks and continued my normal duties with no lifting a few months till it healed. A year and a half later I again injured the same disc and had an MRI that showed more bulging. I was put on lifting restrictions for 3 months. After seeing the neuro surgeon he extended it for another 3 months. At the end of this evaluation he gave me 6 months lifting restriction. The company's response was to put me on a 30 day unpaid personal leave and told me I could return to work by the end of the 30 days if I no longer had restrictions, otherwise I was terminated and all benefits cancelled. During this restricted time I was still doing my other duties. is what they are doing to me legal?

Asked on 10/26/17, 3:21 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Drew Quinones Drew Quinones, P.C.

Call me to discuss your options. You need a lawyer experienced in handling worker’s compensation claims. 215-240-7565

Read more
Answered on 10/26/17, 4:55 am
Richard Teitell Richard K. Teitell, Esquire, P.C.

Sorry you're having medical & work issues. You need to speak with an experienced worker's comp lawyer. DO NOT DO THIS YOURSELF!!! Most worker's comp lawyers provide a free consultation & there is no attorney fee unless there is success. Your issue is complicated so you need to discuss with an experienced lawyer. If you cannot locate such a lawyer in your area (not sure what part of PA you're in) call me & I can suggest for you. I can't provide a direct answer to your question. It would take a full discussion and review to provide you with intelligent advice. Good luck!!

Read more
Answered on 10/27/17, 10:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania