Legal Question in Workers Comp in Pennsylvania

My son was injured on his job. He has seen a physician the company recommended but he did not receive quality care. He injured his shoulder and was not diagnosed properly. An ex-ray was not taken and there is a lot of pain and suffering with his condition. He is expected to keep working while taking muscle relaxers which make him dizzy and tired. He is a driver for the company. If he calls off, he is written up. The company will not give him the phone number to the HR dept. The company is moving way too slow on his situation. Nothing has been done to date.

Asked on 10/05/16, 5:54 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Drew Quinones Drew Quinones, P.C.

Your son needs an experienced worker's compensation attorney. Call my office to discuss his case. 215-240-7565

Read more
Answered on 10/05/16, 6:16 am
Richard Teitell Richard K. Teitell, Esquire, P.C.

Your son should contact an experienced worker's comp lawyer. Usually there is a free consultation. If you need a referral to an attorney in your geographic area please contact my office. Here are some basic legal concepts relevant to your son's situation. 1- Your son may not be legally obligated to go to the company doctor. He may be able to go somewhere else & still have comp pay the bills.An independent doctor will usually provide better care & be cooperative with the legal issues. I, or another lawyer, would need to review this with your son to determine his rights. 2- If your son believes he is not able to work due to his injuries he needs a doctor to state that. Usually the company doctor will not do that. Bottom line, your son should try to consult with an experienced workers comp attorney ASAP. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 10/05/16, 9:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania