Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Rhode Island

I received a summons from a constable for a collection agency to take me to court in 3 month's can I still request a validation of debt? and the summons was from an attorney in my state

Asked on 11/17/10, 3:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Staff General Counsel LawyersCollaborative

Yes, you can still request a validation, but you must be sure to file an Answer to the Complaint, usually due within 20 days after service, but read the summons carefully!

Good luck,


Read more
Answered on 11/22/10, 6:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Rhode Island