Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina


I am reciving perment alimony from my ex and he sent me 200.00 for this month alimony because he said that he was not working or cant get a job can he do that or do i have to take him to court for this this money will not make my house payment or help pay my bills

Asked on 2/05/09, 10:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ben Stevens The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center

Re: alimony

If you believe that your ex-husband is not complying with the terms of the Court Order, then the best way to resolve that issue is typically to file a contempt action to allow the Court to determine if his failure to pay is willful or non-willful.

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Read more
Answered on 2/05/09, 12:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina