Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

moving back

We seperated temporality,now iwant to move back she changed the was hers before we married been married 12 years can I move back. South carolina

Asked on 2/05/09, 3:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ben Stevens The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center

Re: moving back

If there has not been an Order issued, then you both equal rights to possess any marital assets. From the limited information you provided, it sounds as though she can try to keep you out of house but you can try to get back in. However, much more information is needed to be able to answer that question for your particular case.

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case. If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Read more
Answered on 2/05/09, 12:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina