Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

parential alienation syndrone

does the family court on south carolina reconize it? can treatment be ordered

Asked on 2/05/09, 12:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ben Stevens The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center

Re: parential alienation syndrone

Judges are increasingly becoming aware of the issues involving parental alienation. However, this syndrome and its symptoms must be proved, typically through the use of an expert witness. As far as any "treatment" options, they would vary widely from case to case, as these types of matters tend to be very fact specific.

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Read more
Answered on 2/05/09, 12:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina