Legal Question in Personal Injury in South Carolina

I am wanting to know if I have a case, My daughter that was 17yrs old was killed in a auto accident. The vehicle she was driving, the air bags did not deployed. So I am wanting to know if I have a case and how to go about this. Please let me know something.

Asked on 6/11/10, 6:50 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

First of all, I am very sorry. This must be extremely hard for you to write about.

In order to answer your question and give you other information that is important and you should know, I would need to understand more about the accident and your daughter's injuries.

If you have a police report it would be very helpful if I could review it. If not, I would ask that you briefly describe the accident. I also need to know what sort of injuries your daughter sustained.

If you would like to respond to my personal email account, I will get your email immediately and I can then respond immediately.

You are also welcome to call. Email or a phone call are both welcome. My office is in the Myrtle Beach area of Horry County and I represent people throughout the state.

Thank you,

Robert Johnston


Read more
Answered on 6/11/10, 10:51 pm

Alton L. Martin, Jr. Martin & Martin Attorneys, PA

I am sorry for your loss. If the car was equipped with air bags that should have deployed, then you likely have a good case so long as the accident occurred within the last 3 years. This may be true even if your daughter was at fault in the accident. You need to retain a lawyer to represent you against the Car Manufacturer and any other liable parties. You are welcome to call or email me to discuss the case. I would be happy to refer you to someone that handles these type cases.


Al Martin

[email protected]

(864) 271-1822

Read more
Answered on 6/15/10, 7:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in South Carolina