Legal Question in Workers Comp in Tennessee

My husband is an OTR truck driver. He lives in TN, Works out of Georgia and only took his orientation in MS. His workers comp insurer is paying him the max rate for MS, which is not even close to 2/3 of his wages. Is this allowablesince he soesn't run out of MS. The company home office is in Iowa.

Asked on 11/13/09, 4:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Clark Gordon Law Group

You can file whereever the employer is located or where the injury took place. As such, I would need to know where the injury took place to determine where the approriate comp. venue is.

John Clark, Sr.

Read more
Answered on 11/19/09, 9:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Tennessee