Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Tennessee

I received a notice from a collection agency. I sent a certified letter asking for debt validation. The certified letter came back refused. What can I do?

Asked on 3/14/13, 10:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amy Bennecoff Ginsburg Kimmel & Silverman

I would suggest re-sending the letter both certified and regular mail. Also, if you need help with getting their contact to stop, you may want to consider contacting an attorney that handles FDCPA matters. The FDCPA provides for free legal representation so you would not have to pay anything if an attorney were to assist you. My firm's website also has information on how to handle debt collection issues -

Read more
Answered on 3/14/13, 12:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Tennessee