Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Tennessee

I had gotten behind in my mortgage payment so my mortgage company sent someone out to see if the house was occupied or not. It was but they marked it unoccupied. They told my mortgage company and they sent a letter to my insurance company that it was unoccupied. Insurance was cancelled - due to my credit I could not get the policy from that insurance company. Had to scramble to get new insurance so it cost me $800 more a year (and that will continue). The company that the mortgage company has a contract with to do this subcontracted it out to another subcontractor and then they subcontracted it to the person that entered the wrong information. Can I sue someone for the difference that I have to pay now?

Asked on 5/24/13, 8:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Barney Barney Law Firm

I think you may have a claim if they negligently reported that you had abandoned the property.

Read more
Answered on 5/28/13, 3:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Tennessee