Legal Question in Banking Law in Texas

I am not legally divorced from my husband and we have been apart for 13 years he has listed me as his beneficiary to his retirement and now that he has retired he wants me to sign the papers so that he can get his retirement am I entitled to any of that money? In other words can I say pay me or I wont sign the papers? he is in texas where the retirement is.

Asked on 8/29/13, 5:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

You are his wife and that is community property and you are entitled to part of it. Schedule an appointment with a divorce lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 9/07/13, 2:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in Texas