Legal Question in Banking Law in Texas

I recently got scammed by someone and tricked into cashing a check they sent me and sending money through western union. I have another check they tried to get me to cash after I had already found out the last one was a fraud, so I still have that check and the name of who I sent the money to through western union as well as the receipt from sending the money. Is there anything I can do about this so I'm not the one who has to pay the bank back the money and make them pay it?

Asked on 1/25/10, 7:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ken Gober (Austin TX) Lee, Gober & Reyna

I get a check from a similar scam about once per month.

You should contact the police, the police may be able to find and charge the criminal behind this (which would give you an ability to get restitution). If you can't get anywhere with the police, try your local district attorney's office.

Good Luck!

Read more
Answered on 1/30/10, 9:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in Texas