Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Texas

i am 1 payment behind in house payments and have been off work 1 year can i save this primary home in bank rubacy

Asked on 10/28/09, 1:52 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Andrew Nichols Law Office of Andrew B. Nichols

Yes, you can save the house by filing bankruptcy under chapter 13. You would have time to catch up on the payments but you would eventually have to find work because a chapter 13 bankruptcy case requires you to make small to medium monthly payments to you repay some of your creditors. Please feel free to visit my website:

Read more
Answered on 11/02/09, 2:06 pm
William D. Weber Weber Law Firm, P.C.

Yes, but only if you have sufficient disposable income to start making all normal monthly mortgage payments due under the existing mortgage documents, plus a smaller extra payment to catch up on the back payments over a 3 to 5 year time period.

William D. Weber

Weber Law Firm

6666 Harwin Drive, Suite 220

Houston, TX 77036-2251


(713) 789-3300 Telephone

(713) 893-6004 Fax

(832) 723-7970 Mobile

[email protected] E-Mail Internet

Read more
Answered on 11/02/09, 2:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Texas