Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Texas

My ex husband has filed chapter 7 bankruptcy. In our divorce decree he took responsibility for half of our credit card dept. he also owes my mother for a personal loan that is listed in the decree. He has listed both my mother and I in the bankruptcy. My question is do I have any recourse? I live in Texas and he lives in Oregon.

Asked on 8/27/15, 8:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Andersen Charles Andersen, Atty

Under the bankruptcy reform act of 2005, marital equalization obligation by a court decree are protected in bankruptcy san francisco office

Read more
Answered on 8/27/15, 9:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Texas