Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Texas

My mother-in-law passed away in 2014. She got sick and 30 days later died so she was only able to sign a will and power of attorney leaving everything including her house to her only son.. We have lived in her house and made the mortgage payments up until about 4-5 months ago when we hit financial hardships. The bank won't give assistance without pro-bate court., can they make us do that when we have her will. We are thinking about filing bankruptcy to keep from losing the house is this possible?

Asked on 6/14/17, 7:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Nichols Law Office of Andrew B. Nichols

Unfortunately the mortgage company can be difficult to deal with unless you probate the will. I have worked with several families who have faced this situation. You can definitely file bankruptcy to suspend the mortgage company from foreclosure. Please visit our website or give us a call.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/17, 9:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Texas