Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Texas

Moving after filing Backrupcy

I filled for bankrupcy in Texas and I have moved to Virginia about a month later. Do I have to come back to Texas to see the trustee?

Asked on 6/14/08, 2:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Press Chung & Press, P.C.

Re: Moving after filing Backrupcy

You need to discuss this with your Texas bankruptcy lawyer. Generally the answer is yes, you need to appear in person at the Section 341 meeting of creditors, which will be in the jurisdiction where you filed. It may be possible to convince the Trustee and U.S. Trustee to let you appear by phone, but at least in my experience usually those requests are only granted where the reason is due to incarceration, disability, or military service.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/08, 8:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Texas