Legal Question in Business Law in Texas

I have a small business and I’m getting calls from all over the US to provide this service. Am I legally able to just start business service in another state? Do I have to register the business with each state I’m doing business in?

Asked on 3/20/19, 8:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Frank Natoli Natoli-Legal, LLC

In general, you can provide a service to a client in another state without any need to do anything, but context matters. If the service is governed under licensure like say engineering then you may be required to be licensed in the state where the client is. If for example, your service requires making a physical presence in another state then it may be necessary to qualify your TX entity in that other state. But in most cases this will not be needed.

If you need clarification, I suggest that you consult with a lawyer in private and discuss your objectives in more detail. You can start by calling around to several for a free phone consultation, get some insights then pick the best fit to work with.

If you would like to discuss further over a free phone consult, feel free to contact me anytime that is convenient.

Our firm is now referred by the American Bar Association (see under the New York section):

Kind regards,



[email protected]

DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/19, 8:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Texas