Legal Question in Consumer Law in Texas

Car issue

I have a car that is over two years past due including tags and plates. I was laid off over 2 1/2 years and lost everything except the vehicle. i just could not afford anything so I let the car sit. I have now moved to a different state and was blessed with a better paying full-time job. I want to get my car registered and change my license over. Will I run into any legal problems getting my car registered because it's past due? I'm trying to square things and I feel that I'm just getting back on my feet. My car loan has been sold so many times that on my credit report, it shows car loan zero balance. I don't want to get into any trouble or problems. I just want to get my vehicle registered in Texas and get on my feet

Asked on 7/10/08, 7:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

TC Langford Langford Law Office

Re: Car issue

You should not have a problem. If you have received citations for the expired tags/plates, there will be a surcharge (25%?) on the yearly cost -- you will have to pay for the past tags at the same time. Contact the county DPS office, and usually they can give you the amount over the phone. Good luck, and glad life is improving.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/08, 7:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Texas