Legal Question in Consumer Law in Texas

I traded my car in Friday evening. I did not think I received a fair deal on the trade but they made it sound like it was. I just saw online that they are selling my car for $6489.00 more than what they gave me on my trade. The amount on my trade left me upside down on my vehicle which they rolled the amount, $3165.00 into the new car loan. I feel that since they did this they have now made $9654.00 of me and I was totally taken advantage of since I am female. I want them to either reduce my loan of the amount of the $3165.00 or I want my car back and they can have the new car back.

Asked on 11/30/14, 7:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm

Based solely on what you have said it sounds like you made a deal that was not in your best interests but one that you freely consented to enter. If that is the situation then you have a painful case of buyer's remorse but not likely a legal remedy for it. If you did not think the deal was fair then your remedy was to decline the trade in at that time. The dealership had no obligation to make sure the deal was monetarily fair to you.

However, that does not mean that there may not be other issues about the transaction that could give you a remedy to undo it. You may want to talk to a consumer law attorney in your area about your options.

Read more
Answered on 11/30/14, 8:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Texas