Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Texas

my spouse was sued by a lawyer/debt collector .we agreed to pay a set amount per month.after paying for a year using a debit card they sent a letter saying they wouldnt accept this type of payment any more. are we still obligated to pay even if they wont accept my payment?

Asked on 3/20/14, 7:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

You say you "agreed." Was this some sort of written agreement? Or did you just make a promise over the phone?

Also ... is the lawsuit still pending? Is there a judgment in place?

We need more information.

PROBABLY your best bet would be to stop talking to these people, and just mail in money to them when you can. And cancel the debit card - change banks if you have to.

Read more
Answered on 3/22/14, 7:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Texas