Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

I am being charged with harboring a minor and the only reason I helped the minor was because she was pregnant and she was being forced into an abortion, I returned the minor after 2 days because I felt it was the right thing to do. I am currently pregnant and I would not want to go to jail or get anything big on my record since I was studying to become a nurse. Now the mother is pressing charges against me, what can I do?

Asked on 2/01/14, 8:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

Hire a lawyer. Your explanations are not legal defenses and might be used to help, or hurt, your case. Some people would not appreciate your interference with their efforts to parent their child.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/14, 3:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas