Legal Question in DUI Law in Texas

I received a MIP citation in texas. I chose to go the deferred disposition route and do the community service and the alcohol awareness class in addition to paying the fine and having a probation period. Unfortunately, real life has been kicking my butt lately and not only have I not had the time or the money to pay for the class, my ticket, and my living expenses (I was recently kicked out of my home and so was my fiance after our parents found out), but my paperwork that I needed to complete community service was lost in the process of me having to leave home. I got the ticket in San Antonio, but I have been living 2 hours away in Killeen with no way to get to the courthouse. I am supposed to appear in court tomorrow along with my fiance to handle our tickets and I have no idea what to do. HELP!

Asked on 4/24/13, 2:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

If you do not appear in court, a warrant will issue for your arrest. You may or may not be able to convince the judge to extend your time to complete your requirements IF you go to court.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/13, 12:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Texas