Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

child support

My son is 17 years old and lives with his mother. We live in Texas and he will be going away to the Job Corps in New Mexico where he will be paid once a month by the school for training. Will i still have to pay child support or will this be modified?

Asked on 3/07/08, 10:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

TC Langford Langford Law Office

Re: child support

Unless you get the order modified and support terminated, you will continue to pay child support to the mom until he is 18 or graduates high school (if still enrolled as a full-time student), whichever happens last.

Read more
Answered on 3/08/08, 8:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas