Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

i am a custodial parent who shares custody of my son with his biological grandparents. His father is now out of jail and wants his custody rights. it was ordered over 6 mos ago that his parents share custody with me. my question is, now that he is out of jail can i get him his rights since he is the father and does pay child support and get them takin away from his parents?

Asked on 9/22/09, 6:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


Look at the order granting custody to the grand parents if it was temporary custody. You and the father must consult a family law attorney. You cannot change the custody on your own without going back to the court.

Read more
Answered on 9/27/09, 10:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas