Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Disabled schizophrenic mother wants custody

Wife and I are going through the divorce process. She took our child and I did not hear anything from her for 5 days. I retained an attorney on the second day. Come to find out her attorney beat mine to the filing process by a matter of moments. Now I am facing a mess because she is using Dr. Patient privillage to hide her illness. She takes zyprexa, an anti-psychotic medication. Do I have a chance in this mess or is the court going to award her custody. She is suppose to bring in her Dr. to testify for her. I do not understand how she can have the best of both worlds. The healthy have no rights it seems. Suggestions please.

Asked on 3/24/02, 9:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom

Re: Disabled schizophrenic mother wants custody

I cannot discuss this matter with you if you are represented by counsel. What does your lawyer say?

Read more
Answered on 3/25/02, 8:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas