Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Okay in November last year cps made visit to my house an found no immediate dangers of my child so they set up a service plan an I followed everything except going up to do a drug assessment because i was had claimed to be smoking weed an that me an my boyfriend that lives with me at the time fight an that i shot at him well investagitor came out an assests the home an found no bullet holes in the home then i recieved a letter in the mail that states unable to determine but they was still going to offer family based safety service plan well i did not comply so i had stop responding to them an they then sent me a letter stating I was ordered to court an had to supply a drug test an that is when I tested positive for methaphemines an they removes her from the home cause my boyfriend at the time refused to even take one so they removed her an places her with one my daughter friend an the girls father well now as it is reported by cps my daughter has become even more depressed an has been smoking weed that was provided by the foster dad's niece in the home an my daughter has been sneaking out the house at night an having sex with men she's 18 to 20 an then I was notified that the foster dad niece had shot up 40units of heroin in front of my daughter an almost over dosed in front of my daughter an as after my daughter had told them she's going to kill herself she was removed from the home an placed in an behavioral center an then was removed from the home an is now still in the behavioral center due to they have no where to place my daughter so the hospital is holding her there until they can find placement well since then I did get clean from drugs an now have a job doing home healthcare as I did in previous years but now they are taking me back to court to have my parental rights terminated can I file indigent an get an attorney an prove that they submitted her to much more dangerous situations an gain coustidy back of her with stipulations as in I would submit a weekly drug test an random as well as my daughter an show that she was not in as much danger as to what she has experienced since she has been in the coustidy of cps

Asked on 8/15/18, 4:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Daley KoonsFuller PC

Yes. If you are unable to afford an attorney, the court MUST appoint one to represent you when CPS is seeking to terminate your parental rights.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/18, 4:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas