Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Hello. I have a question. My wife and I got a divorce in February 2018. We agreed on the things we want. We divided up the money and property and agreed on the amount of child support for the 3 kids. It was $1500 for all 3 until child one is 18 then $1300 for child 2 until he is 18 and then $1100. She told me last night that in 3 years we would need to go back and adjust the payments based off my income. The money and property we divided up took into account the child support payments and it stated in the decree that the child support would be paid in that amount. Nothing was agreed to about raising the child support. Can she get it adjusted? No income or finaincal statements were summited to the court.

Asked on 8/03/18, 5:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Daley KoonsFuller PC


Section 156.401(a)(2) says that the court may modify an order that provides for the support of a child if it has been three years since the order was rendered or last modified and the monthly amount of the child support award under the order differs by either 20 percent or $100 from the amount that would be awarded in accordance with the child support guidelines.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/18, 4:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas