Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I am separated from my wife which I thought I was divorced from and came to find out a couple a months back. Since I thought I was divorced from her I moved on with my life I met someone else and got married I now know this is very bad for me and I have to answer my ignorance she is now holding this against me I don't see my son and she is saying that I haven't given her child support but I deposited 20% of my check every week into her account. My question is should I turn myself in? Before I go to court for my divorce because she keeps telling me that I'm going to jail for it.

Asked on 8/15/13, 6:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator not a family law attorney's office.

I don't know where you think you are "turning yourself into" for absolution.

You married someone else thinking you were divorced -- I'm sure that you think you are the first guy that this has happened to -- you are not. Unfortunately, it has happened before. If she told you that you were divorced, then you relied on her! She lied to you!

Hopefully you have proof that you have been giving her money every paycheck.

Again, hire an experienced, smart, tough family law attorney immediately!

Look on this website and on - do not delay.

I don't know what county you live in.

If I can help, call me at 713-847-6000. If I know what county you live in & I know an attorney, I'll send you to someone.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/13, 8:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas