Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I was served with divorce papers today and it states in the paperwork that my husband is exclusive use and possession of our home and all belongings inside until case is finished. does that mean i can't go to my home? we currently still are sharing the home. also it states i can not take any money out of the bank however my paycheck was just deposited and he took the entire check out

Asked on 12/23/10, 4:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Is this a COURT ORDER (signed by a judge) that gives your husband exclusive possession of the house? Or it is merely a request that was made in a pleading (signed by a lawyer)? It makes a huge difference.

Do the divorce papers notify you of an upcoming HEARING (for temporary orders)?

Read more
Answered on 12/29/10, 7:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas