Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

My name is Valencia Golden and I have 5 year old daughter we stay in Texas. I want to see if I can get paternity for my daughter. My husband is currently on her birth certificate but is not her biological father. Her biological father stays in Georgia. I tried going through child support court but they told me that because my husband on her birth certificate there is nothing they can do. I wanted the process of having paternity test done.

Asked on 3/25/17, 5:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

You have standing to file your own paternity suit regarding your child, regardless of whose name is on the birth certificate.

We can't determine whether the suit should be filed in Texas or in Georgia without having more information.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/17, 10:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas