Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

A friend went through a divorce 2 1/2 yrs ago. Moved in, brought all his things. Moved out 1 1/2 yrs ago, has left everything but his clothes. Never paid storage since we were friends. He has since dissolved the friendship. I need to get his stuff out of the garage & storage building I have.

What are my options

Asked on 8/30/14, 5:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Keith Engelke Law Office of S. Keith Engelke

1. If you own the house, evict him.This should give you the right to remove his property.

2. If you can contact him, I'd write a letter send it by certified mail and demand that he remove the property by a certain date or you will dispose of it. If he doesn't remove it, treat the property as abandoned.

3. Treat the property as abandoned and remove/dispose of it.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/14, 6:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas