Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

My mechanic lent me his car while he is fixing my car I took his car to my house for few hours and I came out and discovered the car was stolen he has my car now he doesn't want to give it back until I pay him for his lost can I get my car back and the we can go to court for his car am I responsible for the car being stolen

Asked on 12/24/13, 8:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

The loaned car (the car he loaned to you) is a separate transaction from the repair work. Sue this guy for conversion (be sure that you have paid his bill). You must first make written demand for the return of your car.

You need a lawyer for this.

Read more
Answered on 12/27/13, 2:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas