Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

Personal Photographs

I have taken several nude photographs and made a couple of explicit videos with my ex boyfriend and since re-distributed these photos/videos to a couple of men I have had an interest in. Recently these photos have been posted on the internet my one of my ex boyfriends. Is there anything I can do legally?

Asked on 3/07/08, 6:48 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Johm Smith tom's

Re: Personal Photographs

If the pictures were taken under your direction and for you, then you probably own the copyrights in them and can assert infringement claims. I've helped several clients address this exact type of issue. Most sites will respond properly to a properly written copyright infringement claim.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/08, 7:53 am
John Steele Steele Law Firm

Re: Personal Photographs

This question is probably not a serious one. But in the chance that it is:

1. Obviously if you make a picture and give it to someone, it is theirs. There is no commercial aspect to it, so he is ok to send it out.

2. You will lose any sort of "image" fight in the court room anyway. You, as the plaintiff, are not sympathetic. The court will see you as a slut that sends out explicit videos to men in the hopes of sleeping with them, and are now complaining because other men now see you naked (something that does not seem to really bother you).

My advice, turn off the camera. And do not send me a copy!

Read more
Answered on 3/07/08, 8:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas