Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

If you marry someone with a greencard and you are on a H-1 work visa will you get a greencard


Asked on 8/09/11, 1:04 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Dianne Brooks The Mandel Law Firm

Your spouse may file and I-130 petition for you along with your I-485 adjustment of status application, so yes, you may apply for a green card.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/11, 1:21 pm
Attorney Caro Kinsella Law Offices of Caro Kinsella

If your spouse is a lawful permanent resident and not a U.S. citizen then you cannot file an I-485 until your visa number is current, and thus cannot adjust immediately as you are not deemed to be an immediate relative.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/11, 4:05 pm
Seeta Nangia Law Offices of Seeta Nangia

Your spouse may file for you to obtain a green card. The waiting period for spouses of lawful permanent residents to obtain a green card can be about 3-4 years depending on what the visa bulletin states. Depending on your current circumstances, it might be a good idea for your spouse to file the I-130 to get your green card processing started. Please feel free to contact me at 415-273-9123 or [email protected] with additional questions or concerns.

Seeta L. Nangia, Esq.

Law Offices of Seeta Nangia

Exclusively Practicing Immigration Law

Phone: (415) 273-9123

Email: [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 8/10/11, 2:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas