Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

Im seeking legal status, my mom married an us citizen in 2003, he put in an application for step children in 2003 which was denied because I did not have proof that I entered legally. Soon after my mom filed under the vawa law and for us as derrivative children. Also unable to be approved bc my mom was deported in 1997. Now I have proof of a legal entry and want to know what I can do to be legal now, please help, I have 3 children and want to be ok for them. Also, I have been a victim of a sexual assault and domestic violence which I was told I could not use because I did not go through with full filing against person

Asked on 8/16/11, 11:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Isaul Verdin VERDIN

Are you now married to a USC citizen? If yes, then you could adjust your status since you entered with inspection. Also, we could explore an independent VAWA claim for you. Contact our office at 214-741-1700 for assistance.

Read more
Answered on 8/18/11, 4:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas