Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Texas

There is a client that works with my office that has filed a complaint against me and my coworker with my superiors stating he caught us having sex and since then we have been giving him a hard time with the contracts he has with us. These claims of us having sex are completely false. He is however in violation of his contract with us.

1) Do I have any legal grounds for a lawsuit against him?

2) What kind of lawyer would I need to find to handle this type of case?

Asked on 2/12/13, 12:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Your lawsuit against him is for defamation (slander). He has told a lie about you, and you have been harmed. That's what you would sue him for. You would use a civil trial lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 2/12/13, 5:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Texas