Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in Texas

I recently went to Eagle Transmission to get an estimate on my car as to how much it would be to get the transmission fixed. I signed a paper stating that they can look at it and give me an estimate. Then I come to find out that apparently it wasn't an estimate because they are saying it is $875 to just get the car out or $1775 to fix it. Well, I cant afford to pay that and that I was going to get a loan but cant afford the payments that they offer. After all of this I asked for a copy of the form I signed to see and I see that the price is written in pen and not typed on the form to begin with. I have no car now and have been for a week now and they refuse to give me my car so that I can take it somewhere else. Who would I go to for legal representation on this and what would you recommend that I do in this situation? I have two kids and a wife that works and I want my car back. I am lost and have no idea where to go from here.

Asked on 5/20/11, 10:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

You'd start by sending them a demand letter, and then you would sue them for deceptive trade practices and fraud.

You should call me on Monday.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/11, 3:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in Texas