Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Texas

My mother is looking for someone to assist her in legal advice for possible malpractice. She's tried to contact 2 different law firms but no one will call her back and the doctors she sees avoid her when she starts asking questions pertaining to her surgery for arterial blockage that left her vocal cords damaged where she can barely speak. I find it hard to believe no one wants to help her. I'm trying to find out, where can we start from here and who do we go to for some assistance??? Thank you for your time.

Asked on 2/26/10, 6:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jason Kipness Kipness Law Firm

There may be a medical malpractice claim. Medical records will need to be reviewed to see if there is a claim.


You should not give a statement, give access to your medical information or sign any insurance company forms without speaking to a lawyer.

The malpractice insurance company and doctors are not your friends and are not concerned with your mom's injuries and pain.

Their goal is to make $ by paying as little as possible on the claim. They will frustrate by delaying payment, giving you a low offer, or denying claim hoping you will get mad and go away.

I should know because I worked as a lawyer for malpractice insurance companies for 10 years.

Your mom may a claim to recover: (1) medical bills; (2) lost wages; (3) compensation for pain, impairment, and disfigurement.

I would be more than happy to meet with you about the accident. I can be reached at (214) 800-3454. We handle cases all over Texas.

Please visit the links below for free information about medical malpratice claims. You can also send a confidential e-mail to my website at


Read more
Answered on 3/11/10, 11:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Texas