Legal Question in Military Law in Texas

UA Marine.

I have been left in a civilian jail for 18 weeks by the base I am ordered to have reported to. They kept saying they would come for me since week 1. I ended up taking a plea agreement instead of going to court and getting longer in jail later on when the marines decided to come get me. Now I have no idea how to go about telling Who my current status too. I was not given working numbers, and anything else was them calling my family or chief of police through 3 person getting to me...??? So confused.

Asked on 7/30/10, 11:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Matthew Branum James M. Branum, Attorney at Law

Lots of variables here. Assuming you are in fact discharged, it might be smart to order a copy of your military records to see if there has been a DD214 issued, and if so what kind of discharge you received.

Instructions on how to order your military records can be found at:

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 8/09/10, 9:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Texas