Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

sued for accident from 2 years ago

I have been served from an accident that accured two years ago. The car had been stolen from a son that went to prison had no wherabouts where the car was since I couldn't pay for it I let go into repossision. The car was found in mexico by the bank I sign for this car but have never driven it. I was served on the 26th of March 2003 accident accured march 2000 or 2001 they could not located since I have moved several times.

Asked on 4/10/03, 8:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brandon Manus Manus Law Office

Re: sued for accident from 2 years ago

There are a lot of facts and details needed to properly answer your question, but if you had insurance on the car, I recommend contacting your insurance company about the suit. If there was no insurance, I recommend that you contact an attorney immediately. If you don't answer within 20 days of being served, you face a default judgment. If you can't find an attorney, call your local Bar association's lawyer referral service for a referral. Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/03, 9:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas