Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

Live in Texas and want to change the name on our Warranty Deed from: Dick Doe and Jane Doe to : Dick Doe and Jane Doe Community Property WROS. What is the proper form?

Also, to avoid probate, is the above desigination ok or should the property be in trust. Concern is when both of us die and we wish to leave the property to our children.

Asked on 12/21/10, 5:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

Don't use a form. Have an attorney or title company do this for you. It is usually a few hundred dollars, and you can rest assured that it was properly done. Texas probate can be a fairly straightforward experience, if you plan properly.

Read more
Answered on 12/29/10, 9:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas