Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

My mom gave me and my son a home weve lived in now over 5years were no longer speaking so she is trying to put us out and sell it what can i do the home is still in her name

Asked on 2/16/14, 7:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

If the home is still in her name, she never gave it to you. Transfer of ownership of real estate in Texas is by deed. She can file suit in Justice Court to evict you.

Read more
Answered on 2/17/14, 10:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas