Legal Question in Social Security Law in Texas

Can i hold my sisters federal goverement money while she is in jail? Can i go to jail if i do not give her money back?

Asked on 3/21/13, 6:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

If you have power of attorney, you can "hold" her money. If you do not give it back to her, you have stolen it and yes, you can be prosecuted for theft.

Read more
Answered on 3/22/13, 9:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Texas