Legal Question in Social Security Law in Texas

I am a victim of domestic violence. My husband assaulted me and as a result I have extensive, permanent eye damage to my left eyeball. My husband is in jail on 2 felony counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He has not worked in the past 2 years. Is there any kind of compensation I am entitled to through his prior work history. My husband use to make over $250,000 as a CFO and he has paid into social security for over 30 years.

Asked on 2/23/13, 3:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

You can apply for victim's compensation through the prosecutors' office and you can hire a lawyer to sue him. If he has money, then you will be able to collect.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/13, 3:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Texas