Legal Question in Telecomm Law in Texas

My sister and her baby's father split up when she was 9 months pregnant. She moved out and he agreed to put the cable bill in his name and change it. He never did plus has never once payed the full child support and now my sister is stuck with a thousand dollar cable bill in her name while she no longer lives there. Is there a way we could get him to pay the cable bill and prove she was no longer a resident?

Asked on 1/12/12, 8:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

She should have turned off the cable rather than trust him. She can sue him in small claims court . . . It does not matter that sh was no longer a resident. Many people pay bills for others.

I suggest she contact the cable company and see if she can find a sympathetic ear.

Read more
Answered on 1/12/12, 3:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Telecommunications Law questions and answers in Texas