Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

My sister and I are estranged from each other. When my Dad died his will stated that his estate be divided equally. My sister took more than her share. Do I have any recourse?

Asked on 2/15/17, 10:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bob Leonard Bob Leonard Law Group, PLLC

You absolutely MIGHT have recourse. There are a lot of unanswered questions in your post. When did he die? Was the will probated? if so, did you exercise rights that you had to object in time? Was there an administration? If so, who was the administrator?

Of course, no matter how much you explain, there still could be something that an attorney would need to know to. We do these cases all of the time and there always seems to be something that someone does not tell us, so please be forthcoming with your attorney.

I would recommend that you talk to an experienced probate attorney and discuss this with him or her. The attorney can ask you questions that need an answer before the attorney can properly evaluate your situation.

Good luck to you.

Read more
Answered on 2/16/17, 11:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas