Legal Question in Workers Comp in Texas

Impairment Rating

I have been assigned an impairment rating of 3% for a permanent disability to my injured left hand. My ring finger on the left hand will never be the same. I have had (2) surgeries and still cannot open jars, medicine bottles and it is perm disfigured. How do they assign compensation for this injury and am I entitled to future rehab and medical treatments? I want to continue to see if this will help in anyway. I also injured my knees but have not sotten attention to them because my hands were the worst of it. I was told it would be sent to the commision for approval because I waited to have them looked at. What are my options? They are telling me the injury is now questionable. On the orig report of injury I listed hands and knees. This has been since November of last year.


Mrs. Walker

Asked on 3/23/07, 3:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

Re: Impairment Rating

You may have lost benefits..our firm accepts work comp claims when the claimant is receiving weekly checks as the only way a lawyer can be paid is from benefits the claimant receives. Now you must go to an ombudsman with DWC and they could not go to Court for you. Insurance Companies can pay lawyers to represent them, claimants can only pay from the weekly benefits they receive.

Read more
Answered on 3/23/07, 4:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Texas