Legal Question in Workers Comp in Texas

What are his rights?

My husband was recently in a truck driving accident, he was the driver.He said he heard something pop in the truck he was driving, he lost control of the truck, it flipped twice and he crawled out but the truck was on fire, he received 2nd and 3rd degree burns to 50% of his body. I would like to know what we should do legally? what are our rights? Should would find a lawyer or not? Please help us.

Asked on 11/14/06, 9:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bruce Dunham Law Offices of Bruce Dunham

Re: What are his rights?

I'm very sorry to hear about your husband's accident and hope he's doing better. To answer your question, yes, you should consult an attorney. Depending on whether he's covered by workers' compensation insurance, he may or not have a workers' compensation claim which should be pursued. There may also be a negligence claim, depending on facts not set out in your question.

I would expect you'd be able to find an attorney in your area who can help (workers' compensation and/or personal injury), but if you would like, feel free to call me. My office is in Houston. I've been concentrating in workers' compensation law for over 14 years now, and also handle personal injury cases. Best of luck to you and your husband.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/06, 8:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Texas