Legal Question in Workers Comp in Texas

What state?

I drive semi. I live in and am based out of Kansas. I was injured in Texas. What state do I file a claim in?

Asked on 6/20/07, 6:52 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Jim Wisler James L. Wisler Law Offices

Re: What state?

Under Kansas law you can file in either state. So you want to file in the State with the best benefits. My experience is that Texas has a terrible workers comp system which is primarily administrative. You should probably file in Kansas. You should get a lawyer to review all the facts and advise you. Studies show that claimants with a lawyer get a greater recovery, even after attorney fees. If I can be of help, please call.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/07, 9:34 am
Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

Re: What state?

Kansas...Texas covers Texas employers, residents of non tex employers who are hired in Texas..

Read more
Answered on 6/20/07, 6:54 pm
Rian Ankerholz Ankerholz and Smith

Re: What state?

If you are based in Kansas, you should have Kansas work comp jurisdiction. You may also have concurrent jurisdiction in Texas. Consult an experienced workers' compensation attorney to determine your entitlements.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/07, 7:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Texas